Welcome to Go Howard! Formerly Howard Commuter Solutions, we’re your resource for information on ridesharing, transit, biking, and other alternatives to driving by yourself in Howard County.
Go Howard is the Transportation Demand Management (TDM) program of Howard County, Maryland, funded by the Maryland Department of Transportation / Maryland Transit Administration and the Howard County Office of Transportation.
What’s Happening in Howard County?
- January 10, 2023 is a hybrid meeting via Webex and in-person at the George Howard Building, 3430 Court House Drive, Ellicott City, MD 21043 at 2PM (RTA Route 405)
- January 11, 2023 in-person at 6PM at the Central Branch of the Howard County Library, 10375 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia, MD 21044 (RTA Route 407)
- CANCELED: January 17, 2023 in-person at 6PM at Prince George’s County Community College, Center for Performing Arts (building 9 with the parking in Lot G), 301 Largo Road, Largo, MD 20774
- January 18, 2023 in-person at 6PM in Anne Arundel Community College, 7009 Arundel Mills Circle, AMIL*414-Smart Classroom, Hanover, MD 21076 (RTA Route 501)
- ADDED: January 26, 2023 in-person at 6PM at North Laurel, MD 20723 (RTA Route 503)
We’re thinking about any trips we could manage without a car. We’ve talked about grabbing lunch or coffee when we’re working, taking our kids to a Tot Lot, grabbing take out for dinner and a bigger one: our commute. We’re pledging to pick one trip this week to do without a car and want to know if you will too. Tell us, how are you going to Skip a Trip.
You’ve got options to reduce your fuel costs!
Carpooling and vanpooling can cut your fuels costs and our ridematching service is free. Plus, with Guaranteed Ride Home you can get a free ride home six times per year so you won’t get stuck. Why not check it out today?
Not commuting regularly or want to ditch your car altogether? Carpool Now is an app that will match you in real time where you are or at popular pick up points in the D.C area.
There are also multiple transit providers in Howard County with varying hours of service and destinations: Maryland Transit Administration (Commuter bus, train, light rail, and local bus service), Regional Transit Agency of Central Maryland (local bus service connecting Anne Arundel, Howard, Prince George’s Counties and the City of Laurel), and Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (bus and Metro rail service).
How about getting rewarded for sharing your ride, too? Check out IncenTrip to learn about how you can earn money for carpooling, vanpooling and taking transit!
Who doesn’t like having options?! Curious what you could save? Try MDOT’s Commute Calculator.
Howard County Bikeshare Pilot Program Ending; Planning Underway for Next Generation of Transportation
Mobile ticketing is now available for RTA riders
Earn cash by choosing a smart commute!
incenTrip is a multimodal trip planning app that rewards points for each commute trip you plan and take during the a.m. and p.m. peak commuting times and log into the app. Washington area commuters can earn up to $10 after completing 10 trips – or save your points to earn $50. Rinse and repeat. It’s that simple! Up to $600 can be earned per calendar year. You must have a Commuter Connections account to earn cash – but don’t worry, registration is free and easy.
Looking for options outside Howard County? Try MDOT’s Commuter Choice Maryland.